Thursday, December 18, 2014

TOPIARY SILVER-METALLIC HOLIDAY TREE

I love shiny things- and who doesn't. Let me show you a fun and creative way to make a silver-metallic topiary holiday tree. 

Topiary Holiday Tree - Handmade

I saw one of these little ones the other day at Michael's and I think it was around $25, so I thought to myself "I can make this" and as it turned out I can, and made it even bigger. 

While at Good Will I came across the topiary top only. The bottom, or the pot, was missing so I went ahead and picked it up along with a very heavy pot to go with it.

Here's a list of other items that I got:

Krylon metallic spray 
Silver ribbon
Silver ornaments of different shades. 
Silver garland 
Hot glue gun
Pine cones - different sizes are OK
Black sheer ribbon
Dry moss
Square Styrofoam



Silver spray painted pot

1. First thing I did was used the metallic spray and spray-painted the heavy pot, as well as the pine cones that I picked from my back yard. It only takes minutes before it dries. I would recommend that this be done outside because of the strong fumes. 

2. While the pot and pine cone dried I removed what was already on the topiary top and cleaned it off. 




Silver spray painted pine cones



Topiary Tree


Topiary Tree- bare





3. Using the hot glue gun I glued the silver ribbon on the trunk of the topiary top/ball and placed it into the square Styrofoam, then glued the entire thing into the spray painted pot. I then glued the dry moss and decorated the bottom of the trunk with ornaments and pine cones. 

4. I used a small

amount of sheer black ribbon and tied a couple of pine cones to the ribbon and then to the ball. 

5. Start decorating by gluing the ornaments and sliver freshly painted pine cones randomly on the ball.

Decorate topiary tree with ornaments. 
6. After using up all the ornaments and pine cones I placed the silver garland in between those, covering any sport of the  topiary top, and hot gluing it down. 


Topiary holiday tree- silver, handmade

In the end I was left with this gorgeous, handmade, silver and shiny, metallic tree which I am proudly displaying in the living room. 


No comments:

Post a Comment