Tuesday, March 6, 2012

FLOWER PEDALS LAMP SHADE







I feel bad for not being on my blog as much, and I have so many projects to share with you. Here is one small completed item that I can share with you for now.


The kid's elementary school was doing an auction to raise the money for the school and each class did a project that got auctioned off. The class project that I had the privilege to do was a lamp shade with the pre-schoolers. I wanted to make sure that the kids were included in the project and still make the item look chic and not too colorful or childish. We made flower pedals and I glued them to the ribbon and to the lampshade I picked up at a local Target store. I already had the lamp so I wanted to make sure that the colors all worked together.

Here is a quick run of what we did.

I cut out two different size fabric circles and taped them on a paper for the kids to color. Each child got one large and one small fabric circle. To stay within the color theme I let the kids chose from the earthy colors like brown, yellow, white and red, and each child got to be creative with their fabric circles. They were allowed to mix colors as they desired.

After the paint was dry I layered the fabric circles with one other fabric circle and one circle cut out from a book page. Everything was put together with a button in the middle. I squeezed each pedal so that it got more of a 3D shape and more realistic look to it and hot glued them on the lamp shade.

There are other ways to create the flower pedals this was just one way that worked for me this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment